In the spring of 2023, CurTec will open a new production facility in Westminster, SC. To complete our US team, we are looking for a Quality Technician.
CurTec develops, manufactures and distributes plastic high performance B2B packaging solutions for the pharmaceutical and specialty chemicals industry. CurTec is a GMP certified packaging company, headquartered in The Netherlands, and has been in operation for over 30 years. We employ nearly 140 people and have sales offices in 6 countries.
Our new production facility in Westminster SC will be the first outside The Netherlands and will focus on the production and distribution of extrusion blow molded and injection molded screw lid drums and pails for the pharmaceutical industry. CurTec USA will start with a team of 20 people and:
- Three extrusion blow molding machines for a wide range of products from approx. 1 to 30 gallons
- Three injection molding machines with press sizes from 250 to 800 tons
- Automation and in-house assembly
- 100% functional testing of all products
As a Quality Technician you will be responsible for the quality and testing of the molded products as well as documentation and compliance requirements for our customers. You will represent the voice of the customer and uphold the highest quality expectations of our production facility. Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assuring safe work practices including proper use and wear of personal protective equipment (safety glasses, etc.)
- Perform quality inspections of incoming goods based on incoming inspection Control Plan
- Perform and recording checks based on Quality requirements
- Non Destructive and Destructive product testing
- Corrective Actions and Root Cause Analysis
- Use of statistical methods - control charts / SPC
- Perform internal process and product audits and safety inspections
- Utilizing 5S principles to ensure visual control (housekeeping standards)
- Participating in qualification and process optimization for each mold
- Performing other duties as necessary
CurTec is looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in product quality (packaging or healthcare preferred)
- 2-4 years of continued education (associate / bachelors degree)
- Experience with ISO and GMP regulation
- Proven results to drive a safety culture
- Strong understanding of Quality principles
- Ability to develop and maintain strong positive collaborative working relationships with interdepartmental team members, gaining the trust and ability to influence the other team members in working together toward a common goal
- Strong leadership skills, including consensus building, openness to new ideas, and the ability to motivate
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to simplify complex ideas and processes.
- Detailed-oriented and organized, with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-through on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
- Experience with ISO and GMP preferred
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Supervisory/leadership skills
- Personal computer skills (Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word)
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and specifications
- Proficient in the use of quality measurement equipment
- Ability to construct pareto chart from collected data
- Good communication
- Good teamwork and time management skills
- Positive attitude
CurTec offers a great benefits package and a versatile position with a competitive hourly wage. You will work in a small organization characterized by an informal atmosphere with short lines of communication. We are result and solution oriented and value initiative and inventiveness.
For more information about the position you can contact Steve Verschaeve (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can apply for the position by clicking the button below and completing the form. Don’t forget to include your motivation and attach your resume!